1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

College

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by osmann_lawn, Dec 13, 2011.

1. osmann_lawn

osmann_lawn LawnSite Senior Member

I think that is like 45 miles from me lol! It might be a little to far but that would be an option. I would rather get an associate degree than just a certificate. Don't know if it means anymore. I was also looking at the gateway tech school program for horticultere/landscaping. Yeah i agree with you 100%. Working for someone else 9 times out of 10 sucks! You still have a shop in Waukesha? how much you paying for rent you should post some pics!

2. Swampy

Swampy LawnSite Bronze Member

Match gives you the option of turning your2 year into a 4 with concorda with liberal science. What part of the brew city are you from. Its not really a shop more like a shed I'm renting temporarily.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. osmann_lawn

I live out in East Troy aka Alpine Valley lol. Takes about 45 min to get to downtown Milwaukee. ARe you planning on going for 4 years? Blackhawk tech only has night classes withc sucks because i work freight part time at The Home Depot 6-12 mon-fri. Can't afford to loose that job! At MATC online it says they have day classes. I wonder if i would be able to go 3-4 times a week full days? not sure how all that works.

4. osmann_lawn

Do you know anything about the afternoon classes if they really have them?

5. Swampy

Yeah that's what i started off with, day classes, but i work during day or try to lol. I might take a little break to pay down those loans.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. osmann_lawn

oh okay awesome. is it expensive there?

7. Swampy

you range between 275-325 a class.