Colo springs guys

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by AI Inc, Mar 28, 2008.

1. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

So are things still booming out there. I was there about 3 yrs ago and Seemed like that area exploded over the last 15 yrs.

2. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

yeah, but it has cooled down with the rest of the country. Real estate and new housing developments have taken a hit. Or stalled. My girlfriend just got out of commercial real estate and is now working at the college she got her MBA from. But, yes it WAS booming here, and has slowed down.

3. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Those guys are liars, they're really selling shoes.

4. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

I flew into there in August 05. Rented a Harley at pikes peak HD and took it for 8 days thru Colo , Jackson hole , tetons , yellowstone, Cody and then over to sturgis. Great trip , great time. You live in a real nice place.

5. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

We like it. But it's one of those things where we've been here so long we take things for granted and don't get out and take advantage of what is here as often as we should. Should go hiking/biking/camping/snowboarding/fishing more.

6. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

Thats what weekends are for. It helps make the long weeks worth it.

7. Mike Leary

Same for a lot of us...forget we live in paradise.

8. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

During the season I work my butt off , but come weekends its either the boat , the Harley or the 4 wheeler. Trout salmon fishing the Ct lakes of northern NH , or a bike ride along the Maine coast. The answer to the age old question of " why am I here? " is " to have fun"

9. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

I agree. But it seems like I get out of CS to take advantage of those things. I took a lot of time off last year and went to Massachusetts, Steamboat, Aspen/Snowmass, Durango. Need to save some gas and just do some things more often around here. My dogs would love me a little more if I did. Just hiking at the local trails and nearby mtns. more often.

But then we get out hiking and a pit bull attacks one of my dogs (my dog kicked it's ass by the way) and it turns me off from going back out.

10. Mike Leary

The only way to run a great biz is to take a break.

DSCN0260-bess-pic.jpg