Color branding trucks/trailers ??

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by KrayzKajun, May 25, 2014.

1. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

Things change
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. mrsops

mrsops LawnSite Silver Member

I'm big on company colors.. Back in the day we use to run all navy trucks then we switched to white cabs and navy bodies... Now just the past year or so I been painting all my bodies with a blue mettalic.. Looks a lot nicer and different.. I ended up not liking navy anymore because out of know where bone heads are popping up with my colors all over :laugh: I'm sure someone will find my color code and start painting there trucks my blue.. I get a lot of complements on it.. As for trailers I'm not to crazy with keeping the trailers the same color.. But maybe when I have to paint them over one day I will :dancing:

3. excav8ter

excav8ter LawnSite Member

I love having our tucks painted the same...the trucks are most visible, so we made sure they were looking good right away. We painted our 20 Ton Eager Beaver in a "watchman" blue color, the 25 ton Interstate will hopefully get done this winter. We also just bought a 20 ton Dynaweld trailer. It's blue, but its the wrong color of blue.

14015876336590.jpg

14015876663301.jpg

4. alldayrj

alldayrj LawnSite Gold Member

Terrible idea, don't do it!

Couldnt let there be a thread on LS where everyone agrees!
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

If that happened the sever would prolly implode. Lol
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

I don't have all the same color of pickups and trucks, but everything is signed. It is huge, like mentioned it gives you the appearance of a much larger presence than you really have. I don't know that painting trailers is important except perhaps it might make it less likely to be stolen. However if you think it completes the "look" than so be it.

7. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

There's a paving company around here that runs all white trucks with aluminum bodies and chrome . White trailers etc.

He has crew cab Mack dumps I believe?

Even his machines are starting to be painted lol
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

There is a guy about 100 miles from me that paints his CASE backhoe's white. He has been doing for at least 20 years that I know of. Everyone knows who runs the WHITE back hoes. While a little costly, certainly is priceless when it comes to branding.

9. noahb195

noahb195 LawnSite Senior Member

I personally think that making everything one color builds a brand. There's a few companies around here I always knows its them. If you got the time and $$$$ have at er.

10. Hollowellreid

Hollowellreid LawnSite Senior Member

I think it makes a difference to at least have a common theme and look between vehicles, but i don't know if the overall color choice makes the difference, I think its more about appearing organized/professional to me than being eye catching.

ours have differed a bit over the years but more or less look the same.

Hosta.jpg

rose.jpg

cube.jpg

witch.jpg