Color change

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Fine Lines Lawn, Apr 20, 2001.

1. Fine Lines Lawn

Fine Lines Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Ordered a new toy today. After several years of mowing with either orange or stainless, (I love both) I decided to buy a Bobcat 36" walk-behind to add to the fleet. Seems there are never enough 36"s to go around.

Has anyone tried the Bobcat line, and if so, what do you think?

2. summitgroundskeeping

summitgroundskeeping LawnSite Senior Member

But, I did seriously think of buying one. The problem is everybody I talked to didn't know a thing about them. But they look really nice. I'm sure with that name behind it, it shouldn't give you any problems.

3. AVRECON

AVRECON LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 20 yr.old Bobcat and its still on the job.

4. shorelinelawn

shorelinelawn LawnSite Member

I have a 32" bobcat with 12.5 Kawasaki engine. IT's kinda hard to keep the blade belt in perfect adjustment, but it just keeps on cutting !!!! It is knd of light in the front end, but I don't know about the new ones. Also, where is the dealer in comparison to your shop, or home ??? If you need parts or service , is it convienient ?? Keep this in mind too .

5. lakegastonla

lakegastonla LawnSite Senior Member

It's a tank. I bought a well-used 48 inch with the 12.5 Kawi. It should pull a sulky well. Front IS a bit light, but a weight kit could fix that problem. Nice mower and parts availibility is VERY good.

6. jeffyr

jeffyr LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 36" bobcat belt drive. I like it alot. Has the command 14 on it--plenty of power on a 36.
    I think the thumb locks are backwards from the orange, but the rollers in the locks make them work smooooth.

Good Luck--

jeffyr

7. NoDownTime

NoDownTime LawnSite Member

I have a 36" bob-cat Hydro with a 17hp Kawasaki. It cuts well but the blades do not stay on all the time and also the belt that powers the blades is impossible to get adjusted properly, which causes the belt to smoke. I am getting a 36" Scag hydro. I like the electronic engagement of the blades

[Edited by 1MajorTom on 04-22-2001 at 07:03 PM]