color of paint for Scags

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnkid, Mar 7, 2002.

1. lawnkid

lawnkid LawnSite Senior Member

Does anyone know what the factory color is for Scags? I painted mine in the fall but it is to bright, I just bought it at the hardware store and thought it would look alright but it really doesn't. If anyone knows it would help. Thanks

2. Wood Lawn Man

Wood Lawn Man LawnSite Member

lawnkid....Scag does make a spray paint for doing touchups, and I suppose you could paint the whole mower with it if you like. Otherwise you can take a color sample from another scag mower into a paint store and they can match it for you. I did this a couple weeks ago and got a gallon for around $25 (it's a perfect match). I'll try to get the Scag part number for the touch up paint to you tomorrow.

3. heybruck34

heybruck34 LawnSite Senior Member

Wood Lawn Man is right- take an original colored piece to a paint shop and they will match it up 99%. I swear I can't tell the difference. Make sure you take a piece that's not faded- I used the underside of one of the pivot bases.

I bought acrylic enamel but to tell you the truth wish I had bought something a little more durable, forget the price. Don't get me wrong- I'm happy with the job but I already got some scratches in it and only used it 5 times or so.

SCAG does sell their paint in a spray can but I wouldn't use this for a complete repainting- just for touching up scratches once my remaining paint is gone.

-Jeff-

4. heybruck34

heybruck34 LawnSite Senior Member

5. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Paint it RED.

6. zabdar

zabdar LawnSite Member

The Scag part number for a 12oz. spray can of Cat's Eye gold is 48521.
    The Sherwin Williams paint number is: F75XE04101-4312.
    Hope this helps

7. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

go to paint store an ask for baby dooky yellow.just kiddin:D
    scags fine machine.

8. lawnkid

lawnkid LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for the replies guys. This will help when I paint it over next week. 65Hoss, orange will do for now. Thanks Zabdar

9. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

UT Vol orange??? ;)