1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Color Scheme

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by Michael J. Donovan, Nov 24, 2008.

1. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

ok, not promising anything here, but if we were to change the color scheme for the Landscaping and Hardscaping forums here on LawnSite, what would some color suggestions be?

Please keep in mind, if we would decide to change the colors, it would not be the green that is currently used on LawnSite...so, what are some suggestions, besides green :)

Thanks

2. JoeyD

JoeyD LawnSite Silver Member

3. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

It's funny Mike, on one of my computers this one is in two shades of brown, the background color being sort of a pale nutmeg... on the other, the background appears to be a butter yellow...

Anyway, Irrigation should be shades of blue. Not sure about lighting.

4. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting LawnSite Platinum Member

Shades of blue work for me. I am sure you can find a number of pre-designed colour pallettes much like windows uses for for its display options.

Why can't you simply keep the whole site the same? Revert to the colour scheme you had before the changes. No one complained about that.

Regards.

5. NightScenes

NightScenes LawnSite Silver Member

I'm more of an earth tone fan so I'm good with it as it is. Maybe since we tend to work alot in the dark we should have black and grey??

6. David Gretzmier

David Gretzmier LawnSite Gold Member

I know I hate this. I liked the way the color scheme was before and the way it still is on other forums in lawnsite.

7. Mike M

Mike M LawnSite Bronze Member
    from usa

I don't understand why the brown scheme doesn't work, it just doesn't.

Sometimes on the lighting forum it would be best black on black so we can't see what each other is saying.

8. TPnTX

TPnTX LawnSite Bronze Member

its hard on the eyes.

9. TPnTX

TPnTX LawnSite Bronze Member

heres one that doesnt make you squint.

color scheme.jpg

10. Ric3077

Ric3077 LawnSite Bronze Member

I think if you keep it as is, but simply change the light tan part that is under my text here to the gray that is on lawn site it would be fine