color variation in lawn

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by eXmarksthespot23, May 17, 2008.

1. eXmarksthespot23

eXmarksthespot23 LawnSite Member

im mowing this account and the lawn has different shades of green from lime to hunter.... any clue as to why this is happening??? ill post pictures after work thanks for your help scrapers...

2. billslawn89

billslawn89 LawnSite Bronze Member

was any fertilizer applied lately? if so, my guess would be missed areas of lawn when the fert was applied. :dancing:

3. eXmarksthespot23

eXmarksthespot23 LawnSite Member

yah ferts were laid lastweek but i laid them and thought i covered all areas guess ill have to do better next time thanks...

4. mngrassguy

mngrassguy LawnSite Silver Member

Could be many thing from fert to different types of grass to toys being left out in the yard

5. rachael24

rachael24 LawnSite Member

Could we get a pic by any chance?

6. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

A picture is worth a thousand words, but most of the time, it is ad calibration of the spreader or just bad throw all together. I love seeing some of these lawns where people use these toy spreaders bought at the big box stores. Of course, I've seen lawns done by some larger companies with some nice healthy stripes or shades, too.

7. PMLawns

PMLawns LawnSite Member

Just out of curiosity do the homeowners of this property have pets? Maybe ones that are tied or chained to one area can have a dramatic effect with both ammonia and nitrogen levels......areas that may have a higher concentration?