1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Colorado Contractors?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by emil35, Feb 13, 2006.

1. emil35

emil35 LawnSite Member

Hello All:

Was just curious if there were any Northern Colorado contractors in here in need of a sub-contractor to do extra small side jobs? I'm insured and have close to 10 years experience in the field. Will be in college next year and just trying to pay my way through. Anybody interested let me know. Thanks!
  2. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

10 years experience huh?

Working since you were five with those hedge trimmers?

Going to college at 16?

Anything else you want to lie about?
  3. emil35

emil35 LawnSite Member

Not really. I'm currently 17, will be 18 in May. Dont know where you got 16 (maybe my profile but I've never been on it to check...thought it would update yearly on its own) I started taking interested in working outside when I was probably 5...picking up and selling golf balls for a $1/each. When I turned 8 my parents let me cut the lawn with a hand mower. For my 10th birthday, I got a walk behind craftsman 21" and my first "real" customer...my neighbor. Used the mower so much the handle broke within the year. Took it back and got my money back and bought a TORO 21". Used until I was 13, when I had saved up enough to get a used Walker 26HP GHS 48" deck and a TORO Proline 21". Continued to work hard and save. Brought my first truck when I was 16. Currently own 4 trucks. Currently hold the contract on mowing the local school distrist (over 100 acres/week w/30 sites) and do a good part of their snow removal. Since my parents have jobs of their own and the school district doesn't pay all that well I'm considering downsizing back to a "solo" operation for during college since I don't know if this is really what I want to do yet with my life. I've paid all of my own bills (insurance, loans, costs, etc.) and have ran daily crews of 3-5 men. I have a pretty good idea on what I'm doing, so no I'm not lying, thank you very much