colored filters

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by kozmo, Nov 14, 2006.

1. kozmo

kozmo LawnSite Member

Hey guys maybe you guys help a sprinkler guy. i have vista 5241 for my up lighting at my house 3 trees and the house i was wondering is there colored filters so i can decorate for christmas. thanks in advance

2. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

There is red and green dichronic filters avalible as well as a few other colors. Shouldnt be a problem. We plan to alternate between red and green every other light. Start at the focal point or doorway then work out to create balance.

They should fit right under the hood of your light over the bulb. Get with chuck about them at florida outdoor lighting

3. drumbo

drumbo LawnSite Senior Member

I was just about to start a thread asking the same question....good deal

4. kozmo

kozmo LawnSite Member

Thanks for the help

5. Dreams To Designs

Dreams To Designs LawnSite Bronze Member

Andrew, check with the folks over at John Deere Landscapes. I believe they are the local Vista dealer. If they can't come up with anything, try Aquarius with the fixture in hand or measurements. Just remember, a colored lens will greatly reduce the amount of light the fixture will put out. If you system can handle the load, you may wish to increase the wattage for the time the colored lens is installed.

Kirk

6. NightScenes

NightScenes LawnSite Silver Member

A red dichroic will cut the light output by about 60%. I usually get my colored filters through Lee filters.