Colour of Mower vs Colour Blindness

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by RoyalZ, Mar 14, 2005.

1. RoyalZ

RoyalZ LawnSite Member

I hav recently found out that color blind people and dogs can not see yellow that well. However they see and train with orange just fine. Does anyone think this is overkill in product selection examining colors for safety?

2. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

IMHO, yes.

However, if you are that worried...

(1) Place reflective tape all over your mower.
    (2) If you have a battery on your mower place a small rotating beacon on it.
    (3) Spray paint a fluorescent color onto your existing mowers in strategic locations.

3. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

Do you have a lot of color blind people and dogs chasing your mower?

4. RoyalZ

RoyalZ LawnSite Member

These are good safety concepts anyways...I will try and look at these concepts as my engineers consider further improvements on the ZTR technologies.

5. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

Im colorblind, not totally, but cant see some colors when they are next to each other. But the dog and me will both see the mower, just wont be able to match the paint. Yes it is safety overkill in the most extreme way.

6. RoyalZ

RoyalZ LawnSite Member

That is what I was looking for...perhaps I will put some safety alerts on the mower you I am a wild man on one of those things cuz' time is money and cats and dogs well there is a lot of those around...just kidding.

7. THill3

THill3 LawnSite Member

I have the exact problem as lawnman scott. I will know its a mower. Were color blind not dumb. lol :D