Columbia - Jefferson City Missouri

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by Advanced Lawncare, Jun 17, 2003.

1. Advanced Lawncare

Advanced Lawncare LawnSite Member

Just thought i would see how many LCO from the Columbia - Jefferson City Missouri area were on LS. Thanks

2. Randy J

Randy J LawnSite Bronze Member

I recently relocated to Sedalia. I was trying to buy a business in SW Missouri, but it just didn't work out. I thought about starting my own from scratch here in Sedalia, but it seems every Tom, Dick & Harry has a lawn mower in this town. :confused: And I mean nice commercial mowers. I guess I may have to put in my time here, then try to buy that business in SW Missouri again.

Randy

3. HazellLawnCare

HazellLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

In Marshall here what kind of equipment are you using and where are you buying it from?

4. Advanced Lawncare

I am using a Dixon ZTR from Lauf Equip in Jeff city, and a Exmark 36" metro, and Honda 21 from Columbia Lawn & Leisure. All probably too far for you to go. Both have good support.

5. HazellLawnCare

HazellLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

Actually I'm getting ready to make a big purchase from Lawn & Leisure. I'm getting ready to order 2 Liquid cooled lazer z's with 60" decks and ultravacs, 2 TTHP with 48" cut and baggers, and 5 commercial Hondas. Are you using the hydro hondas? How do you like the Honda? As you can tell I bag everything, does the honda bag well? How is the service there in Columbia?

6. Advanced Lawncare

The service that I have had at Lawn & Leisure has been very good. Yes it is a Honda Hydro it didnt come from them only becuase they didnt have one when I got mine, however they do sell and service them. I dont know about bagging, I am mulching with it.

7. MOlawnman

MOlawnman LawnSite Member

Sedalia, Missouri here

8. Randy J

Randy J LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey MOlawnman, I'm in Sedalia. I'm not in the industry here though. How in the world are you making it? Every old pickup around here has a commercial mower behind it.

Randy

9. Clay

Clay LawnSite Member

Hi Guys,

The Honda 21" is a great bagger... I use to bag with the Honda and mulch with the Toro before finally going to full mulch and running just Toros.... Mulching gets tougher (and messier) the bigger the deck... but the 21's are worth trying...

Was born in Rolla myself... good luck

10. rockstate

rockstate LawnSite Member

kansas city