Columbia Mowers

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by talbtimber, May 24, 2009.

1. talbtimber

talbtimber LawnSite Member

Has anyone heard of or have opinions on Columbia Riders, ZTR's. Can not find any information on the web about these. It will be used for residential lawn under 2 acres.

2. VirginiaLawnCare

VirginiaLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

Never heard of them and couldn't find any info about them. Why not just buy a brand name piece of equipment that has been proven to last?

3. LarryF

LarryF LawnSite Bronze Member

4. jkason

jkason LawnSite Senior Member

They are made by MTD.
    If you want a machine that will last, this is NOT that machine.

5. injunjer

injunjer LawnSite Member

The columbia zero turn and lawn tractors are really the late White Outdoor. Columbia bought White Outdoor == the only change is the orange and black color formerly gray and red. Unfortunately, Columbia dropped the 54" zt and only sells the 50" zt. I own one 54" zero turn and one 54" tractor, both are awesome. I mow a 4 acre lawn weekly and drive these mowers hard and long with no maintenance other than blade sharpening and oil changes. I need all 54" to mow my lawn on a weekly and timely basis. Sometimes I even get some help from son who didn't like mowing until one day when he jumped on my big 54" that drives like a cadillac. Now he mows more often.

6. injunjer

injunjer LawnSite Member

The columbia zero turn and lawn tractors are really the late White Outdoor. Columbia bought White Outdoor == the only change is the orange and black color formerly gray and red. Unfortunately, Columbia dropped the 54" zt and only sells the 50" zt. I own one 54" zero turn and one 54" tractor, both are awesome. I mow a 4 acre lawn weekly and drive these mowers hard and long with no maintenance other than blade sharpening and oil changes. I need all 54" to mow my lawn on a weekly and timely basis. Sometimes I even get some help from son who didn't like mowing until one day when he jumped on my big 54" that drives like a cadillac. Now he mows more often.

7. mjn64

mjn64 LawnSite Member

i just bought a columbia 20 hp . the price was great and warrenty is great to