combi - tool?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by gunner27, Apr 30, 2004.

1. gunner27

gunner27 LawnSite Member
    from ohio

anybody used one? sorry if i missed a previous post. i have looked at echo, schindaiwa,sthil, and just about everybody else. I have my favirotes, but would like to see your results. thanks.

2. Acute Cut

Acute Cut LawnSite Senior Member

None. I like having a designated machine for a designated purpose. More power for the task.

3. gunner27

gunner27 LawnSite Member
    from ohio

that would be great if we were all on the same playing field. I don't think that answered my question though.

4. Acute Cut

Acute Cut LawnSite Senior Member

LOL! Ok, i misread, or read what i wanted to anyways, i have used tanaka in the past and found that in order to change tools the splines had to match exact. I had a heck of a time getting it to work. Hated it. Better?

5. gunner27

gunner27 LawnSite Member
    from ohio

thought my post was clear enough. i would like purchase the best combi-tool out there...........shindi...echo....sthil...whatever? you tell me...please.thanks. just want the most for my money....!

6. DennisF

DennisF LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

Look at the stihl 4-mix equipment. I have the 110 series trimmer/edger and love it. Very powerful tool.

7. Canadian GreenScape

Canadian GreenScape LawnSite Member

I have an Echo PAS 230 with the pro paddle, edger, and trimmer head. The pro paddle is awsome for cleaning up dirt off lawns but its a bit expensive. The edger works good but is a bit underpowered on the 230 (I got it as a demo for a good price) Im not really happy with how the Echo starts but this weekend the filter, plug, and all that is getting changed to see if that helps. Changing attachments is no prob.

8. Red Hemlocker

Red Hemlocker LawnSite Member

Shin PAS 260. Plenty of power.