Combination broadcast & drop spreader

Discussion in 'LESCO' started by Gumby, Oct 17, 2004.

1. Gumby

Gumby LawnSite Member

Last spring I saw a Lesco brochure that had a spreader that would both drop and broadcast spread. I wanted to know if you could switch between functions while spreading. Some areas that must be reached are so small or narrow that drop spreading seems to be the only way to apply weed n feed without over spreading into plant beds or other vegetation that might be adversely affected by the herbicides in the weed n feed. I don't want to have to use one spreader for tight spots and another for the wide open areas.
    If your drop/broadcast spreader can be switched back and forth on the go, it would be ideal for my situation.
    I went to the Lesco website to look for it and although it will give a list of available equipment at local dealers, it doesn't really give any detailed product line info (at least none that I could find). Thanx!
  2. lesco_techguys

lesco_techguys Banned

Yes you can switch between functions but you first need to be calibrated. The calibration gauge can be used but settings will differ between the rotary (broadcast) function and the drop function. A setting for the drop function will half the setting for the rotary function. Example: a setting of 16 for rotary will be approximately 8 for the drop function. Please call Tech Services @800-321-5325 ext 6150 if you have any questions.