combination to the fence????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Apr 28, 2004.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

customer demands to know what time, and what day i'll be there to mow, so she can unlock the fence(combination lock). she will not give me the combination. do u heave her? or make damn sure u r there 10 am every thursday?

2. missytheaccountant

missytheaccountant LawnSite Member
    from Bama

well.....if she doesn't have nice feet and you want the job.....you should accomodate her wises :)))....but what am i to say.....i'm just and accountant

3. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

missy, i'd be happy to "accomodate her", it's the 10 am thing on thurs i can't commit to

4. Rick Jones

Rick Jones LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

What a PITA! I had one similar to that except they would at least leave the lock open and trust me to lock it back up when I was done. Had to give them an exact day, but not an exact time. What are these people so worried about locking up anyway? Not like it would be that hard to scale a fence if somebody really wanted in...

5. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

LOL why cant ya bobby , I know your not still sleeping at 10 am are ya?? joking, I would just try to fit her in and be there around 10

6. missytheaccountant

missytheaccountant LawnSite Member
    from Bama

I was just picking really.....if grass customers are like some of my accounting clients, they have the tendency to forget they are not my only client. For instance, April is the month payroll tax returns are due. I called this one client two weeks ago and reminded her. After another call, I finally get her information Monday. Just before lunch today, I get a call.....can I please pick up my returns today I need to be off tomorrow and the boss is off Friday....of course.....I accomodated her and got them out for her....but wanted to say something totally different.

7. lawnguyland

lawnguyland LawnSite Bronze Member

see ya later to her

8. grasswhacker

grasswhacker LawnSite Gold Member

I have one client that I have to unlock the gate everytime, but he gave me a second key, so no problem . However, I would tell her if she doesn't trust you enough to give you the combination, you don't trust her enough to pay the bill at the end of the month.

GW

9. Turf Medic

Turf Medic LawnSite Bronze Member

If you are late and miss her, are you expected to come back another day without any extra charge? IMO time to say good bye

10. GrassBustersLawn

GrassBustersLawn LawnSite Senior Member

ADIOS to her.

Mike