Combine Chains

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by Dano50, Sep 7, 2006.

1. Dano50

Dano50 LawnSite Bronze Member

Fluid Film is the perfect lube for combine chains. It will never get gummy or sticky so dirt won't build on top of itself. It will penetrate to the inside of the chain and provide long lasting lubrication. It resists fly-off and will not be readily washed from the surface. It will not freeze and will prevent chain jam ups due to water frozen in chain links. It is so effective in harsh environments it was documented as having extended locomotive drive chains in salt harvesting machinery by up to 300%.

[​IMG]

Using Fluid Film will help extend maintenance schedules and is great for storing equipment indoors and out.

2. True Cut Lawn Maintenance

True Cut Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Senior Member

Works really good on HayBines also.

3. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

We use Schaeffers roller chain lube and have great luck with it.

4. FearThisDeere

FearThisDeere LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey Dano50, first off, I never got my shirt.:cry: :cry: Second, how much Fluid Film would I need to coat a 6x10x3 trailer with a thin coat and what would it cost me? I would say like a 1/2 gallon should do it, so what would a gallon run me?

5. Dano50

Dano50 LawnSite Bronze Member

A gallon of Fluid Film will be more than enough. A gallon should run you right around $25.00. If your local dealer doesn't carry it, you can purchase online through MowPart.com.

BTW, I pm'd you about the shirt.

6. FearThisDeere

FearThisDeere LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks man. Sent you back a PM.