Combine

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by cat2, Nov 8, 2007.

1. cat2

cat2 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Mi

Sorry I took the pic fast and it is kind of burry, but you get the idea

combine.jpg

combine.jpg

2. Fieldman12

Fieldman12 LawnSite Bronze Member

That brings back some old memories. I can remember riding around in the 3 old 7700 combines with floaters and rear wheel assist. Had a 6030 and a 7520 on the auger carts. Wish I had some pics of all of it.

3. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

MOST people dont know what that is. its the food getter

4. cat2

from Mi

That has been a good combine. Doesn't have that many hours on either

5. RockSet N' Grade

RockSet N' Grade LawnSite Silver Member

DustyCedar.....and here I thought corn just came from the grocery store and beef just came prepackaged in the meat section.......sheesh...My cousins farm in Illinois and have some green and yellow equipment. Couple years ago, they were running the combine and there was a peat fire burning that hadn't been taken into account. Combine ran over the peat area and dropped into a huge hole.......kinda miss that way of living, its a good life.

6. iluvscag

iluvscag LawnSite Senior Member

Man no offense but how do you get done? We have a 9660 and a 9510 and barely get done.

7. cat2

from Mi

I only have 150 acres, hoping to buy more. I also have a 6600

8. iluvscag

iluvscag LawnSite Senior Member

Ohh a 6600 was a big jump over a 4400 not being sarcastic we had one in the early 80s it was a nice combine.

9. cat2

from Mi

Yea, between the 6600 and the 4400 we get it done. was thinking about getting a 9500

10. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

Not to question your farm plan but a 9500 to combine 150 acres seems a little over kill. Two combines even small ones is over kill for that few of acres. We covered 2000 acres a year with a 6600 and a 914 pulltype (included small grains and sunflowers). We did not use the pulltype in sunflowers. Different strokes I guess.