Combo Products (granular)

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Macvols, Mar 14, 2005.

1. Macvols

Macvols LawnSite Member

Have any of you guys and gals used a combo product(granular) with any good results? (fert., Pre-m, and post-emergent) If so, what is the product?
    Thanks in advance!
    Mike

2. Williams Services

Williams Services LawnSite Senior Member

Mac, you the same one that was rakin' us over the coals about reading the label on aerating? Why not follow the label of whatever professional product you choose and you'll get the results you desire?

And yes, I have gotten good results with certain Lesco combos, pm, atrazine, momentum, etc.

3. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Post em products i.e. weed&feeds are great for the homeowner who has no idea what is going on but I cannot understand how a pro applicator can apply this stuff correctly on a large scale basis. That is only true for granular products that have to be applied to wet leaves and have to be "contact" herbicides.
    I like to spray my post ems.
    Pre em like fert and Team Pro or Dimension work well in my opinion but you are always gonna have a reason to spray. (or should have)

4. teeca

teeca LawnSite Bronze Member

i use pre-emgts in the spring (dimension all the way) granular w/fert r1 at low rate (depends on the lawn though), then post broad leaf liquid w/dimension r2 (i have used pendimethalin the same way, i just didn't like the strong odor, and the yellow/orange color, they do have a water based pendimethlin called aquacap, but i like the fact that dimension gives longer crabgrass pre-emgt and also a little post engt control). i have used a granular w/ millinium and dicamba (dicamba really seems to help the cause) 15-3-5 shaws in late august/early september and it worked good, just took a long time (3-4 weeks) to fully work (and it really did, kicked some clover a**!) but it's alot more $$ then regular fert. i used it to help me with time, since i push and/or pull hose on all accounts, no ride on here. and also it was pretty hot and dry so i didnt want to chance burning a lawn.

5. TURFLORD

TURFLORD LawnSite Senior Member

Granular products really don't work well on weeds. Liquid applications are the best way to do it. Back in the day I used granular. Then I bought a tank so I could spray the weeds. Now I do all liquid except lime. I find liquid to be far superior to granular. Just a thought. :)

6. Macvols

Macvols LawnSite Member

Has anyone used and had luck with Proscape 19 3 11 with confront + team!
    I have a dealer really pushing it toward me!
    Any replies with be thankful!

Thanks
    Mike

7. LonniesLawns

LonniesLawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from KS

Thje problem with spreading grannualr combination products is youa re wasting a lot of material and money.

Even the weediest lawn might only be 10% weeds -- thats a 90% waste of product.

I do not think labor savings can make up for that much waste.

8. teeca

teeca LawnSite Bronze Member

well, it would't take care of all the weeds, i wouldn't put it in a weed infested lawn anyway, but your not wasting 90%, your also doing a late summer fert application at the same time. you would be wasting time if you went to a lawn to spray weeds on a non-sceduled application (warranty/service call). and i've sprayed weed infested lawns, and you still don't always get a complete kill, often it takes 2 trips (if there real bad).

9. Enviro Green

Enviro Green LawnSite Senior Member

Team is marginal in my opinion.

Confont is good but as a combo product, don't waste your time.

Read all the posts, you should know that all broadleaf weed control apps need to be liquid to be effective on any type of scale except a few lawns.

Granular Fert
    Liquid Weed Control

EG