combo trailer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by gogetter, Jul 24, 2002.

1. gogetter

gogetter Banned

This pic didn't come out too good, but gives you some idea.....

picture_0003.jpg

2. crazygator

crazygator LawnSite Bronze Member

Me, Scotlawncare and 65HOSS looked at that. Did you get a price? We were wondering. Looks really cool and like it would work good!

3. ScotLawn

ScotLawn LawnSite Senior Member

I would love to know the price on that one. you would have to have a serious truck to pull that. the toung weight would be outragous if the dump bed isn't loaded. Eric mentioned that it would go well with his topdresser.

Scot

4. gogetter

gogetter Banned

No, I didn't get a price. Actually didn't even notice the manufacturer.

I wonder if the back end is heavier to compensate the front being loaded with equip, so it's not tongue heavy? It would seem they must have thought of that. Or at least you would hope.

It would be a good idea for them to offer an optional ramp/gate so that equipment could be loaded in the back when not using it for dumping. Something that could be switched easily from one to the other when needed. Just to make it more versatile.

5. Got a chat recently with my trailer fabricant about a project like that, we didn't talk about price but probably over 10K$ canadian.

The guy who spread the compost around here bought something like that, but only have 5 feet of flatbed in front of the dump to carry his spreadder.

A gooseneck attachment, with a floor over, will handle better the weigh of the equipment being in front of the trailer axle.

The only problem i seen to this is the side door/ramp access. If you have to unload the equipment being parked in a hill, do the ramp will work efficiently, there is good chance that the ramp will be supported by only one side, may not be a problem for small lawnmower but for something bigger it may twist the ramp.

I also tough about the dump being central and perpendicular over the axle with small tool in the front and biggest one at the rear.

good set up for flowerbed and shrub care. For multi days job, unit may be dropped on site.

6. AL Inc

AL Inc LawnSite Bronze Member

There is a company here that runs a Isuzu or Mitsubishi Fuso truck with the same box/dump combo. I think it is a great idea. They have 2 36" mowers side by side in the box. I believe they use it for smaller lawns and detail work. I like the idea of the trailer combo. You can drop it on a job, the men have all the tools they need, and can put any debris in the dump body-very versatile.Mike

7. Phil Egnatz

Phil Egnatz LawnSite Member

The MFG is BrimarBri Mar i have more pics of it i will post tonight