Come back later we're bizzy

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by Merkava_4, Mar 8, 2011.

1. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

I've been getting those messages too. Usually I get the "server is busy" one in the evening but the "data base error" one seems to pop up a little more frequently.

Its a little annoying, mainly the "server is busy" one since I'm usually in the middle of something. But if I wait for a few minutes I can usually get back on.

2. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I haven't got the server busy screen yet but I have noticed overall that it is much slower than usual.
    User fees's hey Roger... Maybe we should take up a collection to send someone on a cruise????? That will probably get axed huh?:laugh:

3. they tried that once.

4. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

To be sure, a dumb post, certainly a rhetorical one. Is not the entire thread pretty dumb? I am always amazed at the complaints registered for a free service. Obviously twice the payment of $0.00 is still zero. I could have said triple, same thing.

The complaints about free service are in the same line as the threads complaining about customers wanting something done for free. Wow, ... we would think the earth will wobble on its axis when a customer asks for free, or complains when something is done without charge. A recent thread complained about mods removing threads. I've got to hand it to the OP on that one -- courage, or just plain stupidity?

If you don't like LS, then move to another Forum, or start your own. You can add as many servers as you would like, you can keep or delete as many threads as you would like. When you have your own service, you can make YOUR rules, control YOUR forum, any way you choose. Let us know when you choose to make your Forum available. Oh yes, we don't expect to pay either.

5. 944own

944own LawnSite Bronze Member

When I clicked on this thread and saw the sorry server busy message I was like crap not again then realized what this thread was.LOL

6. BrunoT

BrunoT LawnSite Senior Member

I'd pay a few bucks for a membership.

They're probably afraid to charge anything, knowing that about 90% of their membership growth comes from out-of-work people looking to spend half an hour here learning how to be a "lawn care professional". They have $400 of seed money and don't want to blow it all here, you know.

7. kilgoja

kilgoja LawnSite Senior Member

i wouldn't pay any money to join a forum of any type lol...you think i'm gonna pay to get haggled and bitched at by people on an ego trip?

8. fobaum

fobaum LawnSite Senior Member

I agree w/ greyst. and above poster I'd never pay for a forum in less LS can get me some more accounts, everyone on here is making them $, hell I bought a powerchute which is a sponsor and bought other things too some people on here just don't get it......

9. Chevy z71

Chevy z71 LawnSite Fanatic

Been geting this alot to.

10. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Platinum Member

Its more likely the internet connection they are running on, not enough bandwidth. There's also alot of low-balling rookies on here getting all the good information about how to cut grass and trim bushes, all they need to do now is go and get a pawn shop trimmer, cheap Tractor Supply 5x8 trailer and a Home Depot ZTR and they are in business.