Come on Prices..........

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by dewos, Feb 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dewos

dewos LawnSite Member

OK now everyone on here seems to think if you don't charge 35 dollars for a cut for the size of a 1/4 acre ur "lowballing". Ok i am sorry to say that is just bull **** none the less. I have been cutting for about 5 years I'm no expert and not a huge professional. Although your telling these 14 year old kids to charge 35 dollars are you kidding? I cut when I was little and I was lucky if I got 25 for a 1/4 acre. Now if your a professional and you can make money by charging 35 dollars the why wouldn't you but don't be telling these people that are just starting that will be making mistakes putting ruts in yards and so on, to be charging 35 dollars. It just wont happen they wont succeed and I tend to feel that alot of you don't want them to succeed. Buy the top of the line **** and charge the most so you will last about a week. Just not realistic. I started with a resid. John Deere 300 and a ryobi 100 plus a broom. and made a profit of 4000 dollars. Everyone starts somewhere and give them advice let them build up there costs as they get better. No ones going to pay a 14 year old kid starting 35 dollars sorry for their little lawn. My advice is if you really want to make it big go Walmart, sell quantity. you mite not be making as much profit per lawn but in the long run I bet you end up making more then someone that is.

Ohh workers comp doesn't apply if you don't have workers, People say in posts "how do you charge so small with workers comp." Well easy when you work by yourself, or bring someone in the business as a 10% owner.

I know someone will ask me and I do have insurance and I do have and acct that does all my taxes. I charge about 25-30 per 1/4 acre and still turning about 20 profit per yard. so how if someones charging 20 how are they not turning profit??????? I think people are just afraid of people "low balling" because of someone loosing their business. Thats what great about our business, there is competition, if you can't handle it then don't own a business.
  2. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

maybe we have a new troller
  3. dKoester

dKoester LawnSite Gold Member

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I'm sitting in here just waiting for the banned sign to pop up under his new name.
  4. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

Is it spring yet?
  5. Jay'slawnservice

Jay'slawnservice LawnSite Member

Someone to agree with me on prices!
    That's been happening to me lately, me asking advice for prices and having people respond with 35$ or more. I'm only 15 and no professional by any means.
  6. dewos

dewos LawnSite Member

I have to laugh I am sorry give me a reason why i am wrong, but intill then I rest my case. I said everything taht should have been said. Being banned for disagreeing with people that wont happen. What are Threaded dis. for? I thought to agree to disagree if you can't take compition then I am sorry your in the wrong business. Please for your sake get out because you will fail.
  7. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

Quoted and edited for truth.
  8. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

What you said does make alot of sense in certain areas. It may seem silly, but you should slow down and go back through your posts and proof read them. The poor spelling and grammer give people the impression that you may not be the sharpest tool in the shed, even if you have a legitimate point. Just keep up what works for you and don't follow the crowd.
  9. dewos

dewos LawnSite Member

thought i had correct spelling and I am in college with a 3.58. somethings are deceiving. But thanks I am glad a few people see my point.
  10. jsf343

jsf343 LawnSite Bronze Member

Not trying to be rude or mean, but get a clue kid. (actually both of you) Most people on here want to see you succeed, they give advice based on what usually works, or at least what has worked for them. Would you rather only hear what you want to hear? and what would that price be?

Heck don't listen to anybody then you both seem to know it all, why not just ask $15.00 a yard?:hammerhead: :hammerhead: you will get lots of work then!! wait, maybe you should ask $10.00 a yard!! :dizzy: :dizzy: you could corner the whole market!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.