come on spring

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ptimealltime, Feb 22, 2006.

1. ptimealltime

ptimealltime LawnSite Member
    from eastern

i know it is February but i am kinda getting nervous about getting clients for this year when do you guys start to get the "good news" about new clients i am getting kinda nervous , it seems like every year around this time i feel this way
  2. tcls83

tcls83 LawnSite Member

Don't be nervous. Just do what you can do. I used to be nervous when I first started. Just advertise liberally and you will get enough to be happy. Meanwhile, enjoy the cold while gearing up for the spring! I love that the cold weather is back in New England. And the hot, humid days (my favorite) will be here before you know it!
  3. beautifullawns

beautifullawns LawnSite Senior Member

last year i got the most number of clients the second week in april.
    This year i am trying to have most of my contracts signed by march 31.
  4. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing LawnSite Senior Member
    from ma

i'm hoping to get a few new lawns this year i would happy to see 10 more. i'd make enough to buy a new trailer and maybe a new b/p blower
  5. jeffnovi306

jeffnovi306 LawnSite Member

how much you want for the 5x8 trailer and where are you.
  6. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

IM looking to double my clientel which is a very achievable goal. im looking at 50-60 lawns this year for me.
  7. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

I think most guys myself included get nervous around this time of year. The best thing to do is worry about things you have control over. If you have good marketing systems in place, and for the most part have happy clients there is nothing more you can do.

Sitting around worried about how many account you'll keep isn't gonna do ya any good. It only makes you fell desparate. Honestly you shouldn't have anything to worry about if you did right by your customers last year.

Just make sure you advertise enough, and are ready to roll when it comes time.