Come ON!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by sgoalie23, Apr 17, 2004.

1. sgoalie23

sgoalie23 LawnSite Member

i am in the mood to here a true bobbygedd story, havent read one in a while, and I need to laugh!!!

2. locutus

locutus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

All of the old familiar names that once graced this forum have now vanished into the great cyber abyss. I fear that soon, Bobby will become one of them, If he already hasn't.

3. AGL

AGL LawnSite Member

Why have they left?

Business so good they don't have time?
    Left the business?
    Some other reason?

Where are they now?

AGL

4. locutus

from NC

I think most of them bacame bored with the same old posts/questions being asked all the time. In the short time that I've been a member of this forum, the names of about 90% of those posting have changed. That is neither good nor bad, just the natural progression of this type of forum.

5. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

I'm sure Bobby is still around. He probably is just busy with the season and all.
    You'll notice that a lot of the regular posters will not be around as much during the busy season.

6. AGL

AGL LawnSite Member

locutus - thanks for the reply.

Wouldn't skipping messages that are redundant be a better aproach than leaving altogether? Even if only 10% of the posts are new or interesting; there is always something to learn.

Those "veterans" are what make this thing work. Otherwise we have to make the same stupid mistakes that they have already made. And who is going to laugh at us (with us) when really step in the sh**?

I understand that it may be the natural progression of this type of forum, but I'll miss the sage advice and the stories.

REGARDS

7. locutus

from NC

AGL, Another reason that did not occur to me at first, is that people, including me, tend to take participation in this forum in spurts. I find myself intensely involved for a period of time and then for no real reason just kind of reading other peoples posts without responding one way or the other. This kind of echo's what Major Tom just said.

8. Creative Lawn Care

Creative Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

I agree. Often times I get on and read posts but dont reply. That is obvious by the number of post I have and the fact that I have been a member for almost 2 years I think, Somtimes I jsut enjoy reading what others have to say and somtimes I can learn and dont have anything inteligant to say LOL

9. gramps

gramps LawnSite Member

I'll drink to that.

10. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

It's just a time alotment thing. For instance, Iv'e been real busy, and haven't spent a whole lot of time on here, but today, I get on, and the first 4 or 5 threads are reduntant, run of the mill stuff that timewise, isn't hardly worth reading, let alone responding to. When we are getting threads like "How much would you charge", Something or another about scrubs, and another about losing work. While these are valid threads, there is an hour and a half worth of reading on each one of these subjects, just in the search feature. Nothing against these people posting these threads OR the ones posting responses, but many of these DO get rather redundant after awhile.