Come see the new Hustler GateMaster walk behind @ our Expo booth

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mowerconsultant, Jul 18, 2002.

1. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Come see the latest and greatest in walk behinds !!!
    The Hustler GateMaster !!!!
    We will have this unit in our outdoor booth at the Expo !!!
    A 17hp, 48" walk behind that will go thru a 34" gate !!!
    No flexing decks.......
    No partial flipping deck............
    This whole deck flips up 90 degrees !!!!
    Spring assisted, it is easy !!!
    Awesome for blade service and deck scraping if needed.
    Awesome amount of trimming abilities also.... 12" of left trim !!!
    And, it has the New H-Bar Plus steering !!!!
    More info to come........

Click here for preliminary pics...............

Later
    Pj

2. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

Looks awsome!

I hope there is no possible way to disable the blade disengage safety switch on that thing.. :eek:

3. Tony Harrell

Tony Harrell LawnSite Senior Member

AWESOME! How does the deck work, driveshaft? I'll bet it can be transported tilted right? This mower is a real innovation and from what I've seen of Hustler, it will be overbuilt. Like Martha says "That's a good thing".

4. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

Though I hope it should be typical Hustler, I mentioned to Hustler a while back, don't advertize transporting in the up postion. The reason; Can you imagine going around a corner a bit much too fast with it in an open trailer?? In other words, unless my physics is wrong, it will tilt over and be "over the side" in a jiffy......... There's a lot of weight, and at over 4 feet in the air and that short wheelbase, I think you're asking for trouble.
    Pete

5. Tony Harrell

Tony Harrell LawnSite Senior Member

Granted, it would be more likely to tip over if unsecured. But, it wouldn't be a problem if it was secured properly. Refrigerators are transported all the time. I used to secure bombs and missiles to trailers. An enclosed trailer would really be easiest and best though. I can't wait to see and hear more about this machine.

6. Doc Pete

Tommy, Tommy, Tommy...... you forget who we're dealing with here.:D :D Where I come from, 90% of the guy's don't wear any eye, hand or earing protection. They use the (bosses) riders to do donuts in the parking lot, or push the WB's into the trailer. And, walk slower than an 80 year old Gramma ;) ;) ;)

But don't get me wrong, the "machine" is not the problem.
    Pete

7. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I just got back from the expo and we saw the new w/b. Its very cool! They just finished this first one a couple of days before the show, so it is a prototype. When they work out a few bugs its going to be a nice setup. It was very simple to operate.

BTW, I got to meet Mowerconsultant and get my hat. He was trying to convert me. I will say, Hustler has very nice machines that are extremely well built.

Thanks for the hat PJ.

8. Doc Pete

Yup, Glad to see someone else finds the Hustlers simple to use and built like a tank. Gees, since everyone that has a Hustler "Z" thinks it's the "cat's" meow" for a rider, maybe the WB's are also as good as I keep mentioning.
    Pete

9. wojo23323

wojo23323 LawnSite Senior Member

Any idea of MSRP for new WB?

10. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

I have no msrp on this unit yet, it is a prototype.

65Hoss, no probelm, you better wear that hat !!!! ...........lol

Tony, the deck works via a belt drive system, it will not work in the raised position.

Later

Pj