Comercial mowers???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grasshopperslc, May 8, 2005.

1. grasshopperslc

grasshopperslc LawnSite Member

What are the most industrial mower company's out their??I think that Ferris,Exmark and Scag are the top industrial mower company's.And I'm not in any way shape or form saying that the other mower company's aren't good ;) .I'm saying that these are the industrial giants. :D

So which company's do you think are top?? :rolleyes:

2. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

You could definately ad Hustler to that list.

3. Ron's Lawncare

Ron's Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Walker, kabota,toro and grasshoper are up there too.go to your local golf course you are more likely to find toro equipment there.

Ron

4. MagnumXL

MagnumXL LawnSite Member
    from Georgia

Ever heard of John Deere? They are huge around here and most of the country. The own Great Dane as well.

5. Shawns Lawns

Shawns Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Maine

this is my first year with my new G-hopper and i love it. try them out. :waving:

6. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Just about every manufacturer has a presence in the industrial market...some just more than others is all.

7. TFSTech66

TFSTech66 LawnSite Member

I like Exmark. It`s been a very good producer of mowing equipment. Also, you might want to give Gravely a try.

8. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

All those mowers are pieces of crap, the only mower worth getting is a Toro.
    With the 48" proline 15hp Kohler WB, I cut 10 yards/day by myself and have time left to play around. The unique T-bar steering reduces operator fatigue and with a Velkie, you don't have to walk (besides, you can't keep up at 6.2 mph in 5th gear). The only reason everybody always gets one of those other machines is because they are cheap and think they can't afford a Toro ... That, and you have to pay the money and wait for a Toro (yes, even for a brand-new one, you have to wait like a week or 2 before you get your machine). But it's worth it, otherwise why do you think it's like that???

Another way to look at it is try and buy a used one: You'll see plenty of those other machines but you'll be hard pressed to find even ONE toro, and when you do find it, it will be a high price OR it's sold the very minute it went on sale.
    Yeah, I mean, if all those other mowers are so good, then why is everybody selling them, and why does everybody descend on a Toro like the vultures?

Besides, what's so bad about $2,800 for a fixed deck... The fixed deck is $1000 cheaper, if money is an issue, the fixed deck turns out beautiful lawns time after time, cheaper and faster. All you gotta do is learn to use a real mower, that fixdeck is one capricious machine LOL.

9. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

Bob-Cat and Toro Proline mowers are definitely on top of that list!

10. beaver

beaver LawnSite Member

topsites what gives you the right to say your mower is far superior to every other mower out there? Have you proven that your toro is better?