Comercial Push Mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by BeautifulBlooms, Feb 21, 2008.

1. BeautifulBlooms

BeautifulBlooms LawnSite Senior Member

I am in the market for a trim mower. Right now I dont use it that much except to do my lawn (only 5000 sq. ft.) and a few touch up areas on some properties but I know as I acquire more accounts I will have more use for it.

My question is what is a good brand for durability and price combined? Should I stick with a commercial mower? How many horsepower do I need minimum? Right now I have a Craftsmen 6.6HP self propelled but it is old and unreliable so I need to get one I can count on all the time.

2. Siesta Key Lawn Service

Siesta Key Lawn Service LawnSite Member

I would highly recommend the 21" Toro Commercial mower with the Honda engine. We have used this mower for years. It cuts great and is well buiilt.

3. Valk

Valk LawnSite Silver Member

Toro has their commercial PT21 Trim Mower with 6hp Kaw ~$850-900.
    Will cut up to 4.25"...
    Will side-discharge (to the right) well dispersed clippings...
    Has Personal Pace drive system....
    Mulches VERY well.
    No BBC offered - which has its pros and cons, IMO - Unless you bag your clippings a lot, skip it.

OR

Toro also has their dealer-only residential Super Recycler 21 with a 6.5hp B&S - $529.
    Same deck as above with 4.25" max & Personal Pace...
    Has plastic wheels instead of metal wheels like above...
    Side-discharges and mulches VERY well...
    IS available with BBC...

4. climber

climber LawnSite Member

I would choose a Snapper CP215519HV. This snapper has a honda 5.5 4 stroke. I love this mower. It has preformed well over the past for years. Its starts up first pull everytime. We use this on alot of our accounts and its does great.

Dan

5. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

I also recommend the Toro 21" commercial mowers, if you want a simple design that is time tested you can't go wrong.

6. coonman

coonman LawnSite Senior Member

Toro commercial with the Honda engine.

7. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

If you use the mower more than an hour or two a week, probably Toro Proline, however I find the cost of this thing outrageous at well over $1000 new. The PT21 that Valk advised of might be a good go between. I use the Toro SR4 top end homeowner model and find it to be a very nice machine for $500. You can go through more than two of the SR4's and still come out even with buying just one Proline.

8. fritowrdo

fritowrdo LawnSite Fanatic

If you go the Toro PT21 route, PM me. I own one.

9. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

10. gudgerslawn

gudgerslawn LawnSite Member

I have had great luck with the Honda HRX217. I know it is not officially a commercial mower but the only difference's I saw was it has the Xenoy deck instead of the aluminum deck. You can find them for around $750 and most people around here use them. If you want the aluminum deck it cost around $1200.