Comercial Yazoo/Kees B&S Intake twin V blown fuse

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by scag43, Mar 29, 2013.

1. scag43

scag43 LawnSite Member
    from Florida

Hi there, my commercial Yazoo/Kees was working fine, I notice that is leaking oil from the left side, so I remove the top engine cover to see where is the leak from, it was really filthy, I spray wash with water, clean everything out with air compressor , put everything back together, whet to start and is dead, no crack, no noise, I check fuse and it was blown, put new fuse and it gets blow after i turn the key switch, on the picture attach to this thread, fuse number 4 is the one that gets blown, fuse number 3 is always fine. Any help I will really appreciated....
    Thank You

wirering.jpg

Last edited: Mar 29, 2013
  2. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

Sounds to me you need to take the top cover back off and look for a pinched wire from re-installing, See if it blows the fuse with the cover off......

3. scag43

scag43 LawnSite Member
    from Florida

Thanks, I found the hot wire grounding it was making the fuse to blow, it was the connector underneath the carburetor, it connects to carburetor bowl.. Thank You

4. herler

herler LawnSite Fanatic

I could be wrong but I suspect you're going to have more problems when that mower dries out and you have to re-connect the hot wire... When you have watered the mower down good and it starts to blowing fuses chances are it needs to dry out, I can't otherwise see why it was working before and not now.

This is only one of many reasons why I use compressed air instead of water to clean engines...

5. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

Herler,

I've seen this more than a few times, Heck..... I even done it ONCE back when I was a rookie, It's easy for the unknowing......