Comet

Discussion in 'Unique Lighting' started by Lite4, Sep 30, 2007.

1. Lite4

Lite4 LawnSite Gold Member

Here you go Joey, I like the orbital attatchment on this fixture. It is very good for fine tuning the lighting in an otherwise fixed position.

DSC_00140001.JPG

DSC_00100001_1.JPG

2. JoeyD

JoeyD LawnSite Silver Member

Tim-

That is awesome!! The Comet is a really cool light. It is so versatile as a hanging light, as a surface mounted light like you show witht he orbital mount, or as a flush mount light. You can actually remove all that mounting hardware and mount the body completely flush to a beam or surface. I will find some photos to show some examples. Keep up the good work!!!

Joey D.

3. JoeyD

Here is a picture of the Comet Mounted flush.
    [​IMG]
    in this picture the contractor drilled a 1/2" hole and threaded the ball joint (Orbital Knuckle) directly into the beam. He also had his Comets powdercoated White to match.
    [​IMG]

4. Chris J

Chris J LawnSite Silver Member

This is a cool fixture. Because of it's construction with the shroud sliding into the base, I'm assuming this is a "down lighting only" fixture? In case you respond with a "no" answer, doesn't water slip between the gasket/oring and fill into the base of the fixture?

5. Lite4

Very clean install. I likee mucho.

6. JoeyD

It is a downlight only Chris.

7. wbaptist

wbaptist Inactive

A 3/4" drill bit is needed to mount the Comet shown in picture.

8. Lite4

Joey, after installing some of these comets in the manner you have shown by just simply screwing them into the wood. How hot will that brass get against that wood? Any chance of a fire danger here?

9. JoeyD

Tim, No chance. It does not get hot enough. Dont worry.

10. Lite4

Whew, I shall sleep in peace tonight. Thanks