1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

COMFORTABLE chemical boots

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by ohiolawnguy, Mar 23, 2006.

1. ohiolawnguy

ohiolawnguy LawnSite Senior Member

I have been trying to find a pair of chemical boots (stand alone not slip over type) that are both effective and comfortable for one of our applicators. Has anyone ever found such a boot? Not interested in muck boots, or mickey boots(government issue paratrooper boots).

Any and all responses will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Kevin

I have tried a couple searches without much luck so far. will keeep looking in previous posts.

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

Without muck lacross would be next.:rolleyes:
  3. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

I used the boot from lesco they're the ankle high with laces iwear a pair of work socks you can get about 1-2 seasons out of them.
  4. Dallas Turf

Dallas Turf LawnSite Member

I have found some at Cabellas and Bass Pro Shops that are better than the plain muck boots. One is a slip on boot about 6 inches high and the others are almost knee high. I think the taller ones are redhead and I don't remember the name of the others. Lesco used to sell a "Mercury " boot that was pretty comefortable. My next place to check is a Firemans Supply.
  5. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

Don't got with the knee high you'll rip your skin right off.
  6. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

I went through 3 or 4 different brands last year trying to find a comfortable pair of boots. the Cabelas were good and the lesco boots were good too. I like to get them a little big then switch the insoles for a cushioned running shoe insole. then wear 2 pair of socks!
  7. Xterminator

Xterminator LawnSite Senior Member

I have wore lacross but only get about 6 or 7 months out of them $60.00
  8. lawnservice

lawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

i'd stay away from any lace boot. those laces will absorb pesticides and every time they are tied=exposure

the knee high...i wouldnt recommend them either. i have two bald spots on both my legs from wearing them over the years.

best bet, as mentioned already, sole inserts (running/walking sneaker type)
  9. LawnTamer

LawnTamer LawnSite Gold Member

Why don't you want to use slip over boots? I use the 4" slipovers from lesco and I like them a lot. I just wear them over an old pair of running shoes. It's almost like doing lawns in running shoes.:walking: 2nd best I've found is Lacrosse.
  10. Kate Butler

Kate Butler LawnSite Senior Member

Here's the trick for tall boots to keep your legs from being abraded. Knee high socks that are turned down OVER the top of the boot (only and inch or so). It's enough to keep the sock in place (not riding down) and the inside edge of the boot from damaging your flesh. Works every time.