Coming up with a contract??

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by dilts24, Mar 29, 2005.

1. dilts24

dilts24 LawnSite Member

I know this sounds stupid but I am starting my lawn care business this year after working for other companies my whole life,I dont have the best idea on how my contract should go,anyone willing to give me some advice,it would be much appreciated,what I came up with starts out with...

I _________< the persons name printed)agree to pay ____ <(dollar amount) a month for a ________ month period of service(lawn mowing+)this year.

well thats about it and I just dont know what else to put on here. :help:

2. dilts24

dilts24 LawnSite Member

Also I was wondering a good guideline to go by as far as pricing,I have a gravely 48 inch zero turn mower so Im not pulling up on some old cub cadet rider looking to make 15 dollars a yard,I am looking to stay mid ranged prices,including edging,trimming,blowing,mowing.

3. fyrewalker31

fyrewalker31 LawnSite Member

I started a business with some friends and one of the biggest problems we had and still have with some of our first customers we got is that they think that Lawn Care means yard boy, meaning that anything needed to be done in the yard will be done by the "yard boy". Detail exactly what you will do and give a price for each for example mowing $50, weed eating $20, total lawn care 70$ this gives them options to take out if they dont like the price. Also detail what you wont do. A catch all for this is to put this statement at the end of the contract "any additional labor will be charged at an hourly rate if time permits" this keeps you from painting some old ladies garage or pressure washing her side walk. Cover yourself dont a "Yard Boy".

4. fyrewalker31

fyrewalker31 LawnSite Member

when it comes to priceing try to compare the yard to another yard you may have mowed before and take into consideration the time it took. Thats basically how we do it and if you can get alot of yards in one area you can go down on the price a bit to beat the competition.