coming up with a Price

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by nails20, Feb 25, 2012.

1. nails20

nails20 LawnSite Member

Is there any one who may be able to help me give a price per mow on a 4.8 acre athletic Field. Mowing with a 60" deck Exmark zero turn commercial mower..wide open mowing? very little trimming

2. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

Figure out how long mowing, trimming and travel time are going to take and times it by your hourly rate.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. aaron79mowing

aaron79mowing LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

I could knock that out w/ my two 72'' dixies for $200

4. nails20

nails20 LawnSite Member

can some body give me a reasonable answer? just looking for a little help. i have another big property which is about 7 acres it's a little league complex. but it's a little bit different client.takes me about 5hrs to mow 60" deck (Exmark commercial mower).

5. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

If you do that already then why can't you figure out a price for the 5 acre site?

6. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care LawnSite Silver Member

$240 is a good price.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Puddle of Oil

Puddle of Oil LawnSite Bronze Member

It's gonna take you around 2 hours if its mostly open area. Knowing that you can now add your hourly rate then tack on a $ amount you want to profit. Good Luck! Bigger lawns can be a huge profit loss if you lack the experience in bidding.

8. greydog4u2

greydog4u2 LawnSite Member

Seems to me at 60 per hour you will make out

9. grassmasterswilson

grassmasterswilson LawnSite Platinum Member
    from nc

So you cut a 5 acre complex already and can't figure out what another 7 acres will take?

There are two ways to figure it. 1- take te price for the 5 acre complex divide by 5 and the multiply by 7. Should give u the price.

Or

Take the time it takes to do the 5 acre complex divide by 5. That will give you what you an mow in and hour. Then do the math to figure the 7 acre place

Prices vary tremendously on this site. You will find a range per acre of $20-200 per acre if you search.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. Dr.NewEarth

Dr.NewEarth LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a chart that claims it takes .91 hours per acre with a 60 inch mower.

Go Canucks Go