Comm. Plates In Michigan?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by SuperZZZ, Dec 18, 2006.

1. SuperZZZ

SuperZZZ LawnSite Member

Wondering for example if you have a f-150 pulling trailer for your business DO YOU NEED commercial plates,commercial insurance,DOT #s,?I use magnets on truck for now.Just want to be legit just in case I get pulled over.Thanks

2. Gatewayuser

Gatewayuser LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes
    I don't know if you need dot #s we don't in OH but everything else yes.

3. stumpslawncare

stumpslawncare LawnSite Member

Search the net for Michigan DOT and see what it says, if it doesn't tell you much, there should be a phone number, call them and ask. It sure beats the DOT Officer telling you along the road that you need the commercial plates and DOT numbers: "oh by the way we are towing your truck for not complying."

4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Here's your thread......It is an ongoing one, but a good one all the same. We are blessed to have a law enforcement officer who also happens to be a weighmaster. I'd rather see this done with a search and find it already on here, as I don't really want to bother him with repeat questions. Anyway, your answer about the commercial plates is in this thread, - among ALOT of other good info. I hope this helps! http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=152395&highlight=GVW