Comment on software suggestions

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by glenjr10, Dec 3, 2003.

1. glenjr10

glenjr10 LawnSite Member

Sorry this may be long, but hear me out. I have been using GKP for 1 year now, and am satisified somewhat. I have done many many suggestions for software, mainly due to my previous employment. I would like eveyone's input in the ultimate software, so that we can solve this problem.

BACKGROUND:
    I worked in the self-storage industry for 3 years and have used two programs: the first one was alright, and the second one was awesome. Everynight, before we left for the day, we performed our "End-of-day" task, which included closing out the computer for the day. At this time, the computer would print out any invoices, late notices, (that needed to be sent out), and any papaer work that the management wanted recorded.

Currently this is how my monthly schedule goes, I am going to pick the month of June, as my work month, and July as my collection month for June.
    June 1-30 perform work and acculumate onto bill
    June 30 print out bills for work performed on June1-30 due on July 15
    July 1-15 collect non-latepayers
    July 15th resend invoices for june with late fee
    July15 + collect late payers

My dream software would do many of the manual things that I perform monthly, AUTOMATICALLY.

This is currently fine, but I would like to get a program to "close out for the day", and perform all of the paperwork for me automatically. If any one has any suggestions, please add them here so we can allow the computer programmers to understand our needs.

2. DFW Area Landscaper

DFW Area Landscaper LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

I would love it if someone would develop a version of Quickbooks wherein I could just press a button and Quickbooks would automatically enter all my work for the day.

Example: On Wednesdays I run my Wednesday route. I would love to be able to just ckick a button and have Quickbooks automatically bill all 23 customers on my Wednesday route. Obviously, I could go back in afterwords and make changes to the irregularities for the day, but typically, there aren't any. As it is now, I have to go in and select Mowing & Edging on all 23 cusotmers and select Weekly Bed Weed Maintenance on the 12 that have that done and then select Sales Tax on all 23 accounts. It's very time consuming work. It should be easier.

Later,
    DFW Area Landscaper

3. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi All,

Thank you for posting your insight into what your ideal would be! We appreciate hearing this from you and we will take note of your thoughts.

DFW Area Landscaper
    You can set up Gopher to just click one button at the end of the day to mark all your jobs compete. At the end of the month you can click one button "generate" and it will compile all of your completed jobs into invoices and allow you to print them out.

4. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

Yeah that's what I do. I love my Gopher2003!

5. lawnGUYnMD

lawnGUYnMD LawnSite Member

Just downloaded the trial for Gopher2003. Currently use Quicken's which does great but Gopher seems to be more user friendly for the landscaping field. Gopher has my Vote.