comments about Dixie Chopper from the best in the business

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jimmy jammz, Feb 4, 2000.

1. jimmy jammz

jimmy jammz LawnSite Member

Hello to all please list your comments and <br>thoughts about the product Dixie Chopper , Is this truely the best in the world?????

2. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

YES!<p><br>NUFF SAID<p>HOMER

3. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

I have to agree with Homer. <p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://www.townserver.com/elm/&quot;&gt;Eric@ELM&lt;/a&gt;<br>

4. gorrell

gorrell LawnSite Senior Member

Homer and Eric obviously haven't been on a grasshopper, Lynn:)

5. Barkleymut

Barkleymut LawnSite Bronze Member

As far as reliability and the durability of mowers I think Dixie Choppers are the best. They are a little more expensive than the others but remember, you get what you pay for.

6. mowerparts

mowerparts LawnSite Member

When you look at mowers check out the layout of the machine in terms of maintenance and repair. Looking at the Toro/Exmark, Grasshopper ( even the new rider ) and what ever else you want to look at the Dixie has the most room to work on ie., you can put your had in most spaces and have ample room to move your hands. Down time I belive is the most important area to look at when buying a piece of equipment new or used. If the mower is easy to work on the less down time you will have. I also buy from dealers who offer loaners when a machine will be in the shop for more than 24 hr.s

7. AB Lawn Care

AB Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

Can anyone tell me if they know the offical dixie chopper web site.<p>THANKS!<p>from:Adam'<br>AB LAWN CARE

8. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

Dixie choppers are very good mowers from what i hear. after being on this forum for some time ive had that drilled into my brain. i have never used one but i would bet on it after hearing them bragged about by some people so many times.(eric)the official website is www.dixiechopper.com.

9. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

There are NO best mowers out there.Thats why there are so many different brands and types on the market.They all have their place in the market.You have to decide whitch one is best for you and your properties.

10. Retro67

Retro67 Banned

Gene, you are correct. How can you say this mower or that mower is best? Have you used all brands made? Unlikely since all brands made aren't ditributed in all areas.&lt;p&gt; There are several good mowers out there. Each fills a certain niche. Some are better in wet grass, some tall grass. Some are more maneuverable than others. Some are more compact. You get the picture. What may be very important to you, may not matter at all to me.<br>&lt;p&gt;<br>Example: If I lived in Florida, I couldn't have a mower that was not good in wet grass since they have constant rain there. In Illinois, I find I rarely have to consider this factor. It's all relative. Don't let someone tell you this is the best or that is the best, without finding out &quot;best at what?&quot; What does this mower do that another won't?&lt;p&gt;John<br>