Comments on DR Field/Brush & Finish Mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Kenmc5, Nov 15, 2005.

1. Kenmc5

Kenmc5 LawnSite Member

Does anyone have experience or comments on the DR finish mower? It’s a 42 inch deck attachment with 2 blades for the DR Field and Brush mower. Curious if it leaves a nice finish cut. On our current yard we use a couple of Lawn Boys (w/ sharp blades) Once in a while I hire a service that uses Walkers. In my opinion the Walkers leave a nice looking cut.

The DR would not be for commercial use. About to purchase a house that includes 5 acres of land. The house sits on an acre and has a steep hill. The other 4 acres was a field that hasn’t been farmed in a few years. Small saplings (scrub trees) are starting to grow in the field. Want to clean up the 4 acres and plant evergreens and hardwoods. I’m wondering how the DR field/brush and finish mower would work as combination mower (brush hog and finish mower).

Thanks in advance for any comments, Ken

2. Lawn Masters

Lawn Masters LawnSite Senior Member

For what you're planning, are ya sure ya wanna walk that much just to cut the grass? I'd buy a small tractor with a bush hog on it, and a finish mower too for the job. I'd rather sit and mow than walk for many many passes to simply cut the grass nicely. thats just me though.