Comments on Flex Forks

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by gundogs, May 8, 2006.

1. gundogs

gundogs LawnSite Member

Can anyone comment on the flex forks? Do they really improve the ride noticeably enough to be worth the extra money? Currently it appears to me that most the bumps I feel with my Super Z come from the rear and not the front. If they improve the ride noticeably, I'll get them.

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Yes they improve the ride and they are worth every penny.

3. jcltyson

jcltyson LawnSite Member

I got a Super Z with flex forks about a month ago....I've had some issues with the mower however the flex forks are great... Only problems is when I'm really moving and encounter some repetative ripples in the landscaping which sometimes, with speed, may result in a slight bouncing reaction...Of course the 'fix' for this is not to go so fast when you know these obsticles are in front of you. Other than that me and my back love them....

4. T-N-T

T-N-T LawnSite Member

I have em on my new xr7 and the properties that are rough it has made a big difference they ore deffently worth every penny I'm running 8 lbs in front and 11 in the rear and the ride is great next one will have em also. Do they make em for the mini's yet we run them also

5. blaze347

blaze347 LawnSite Member

Worth every penny!!!!
    Very noticable difference in the ride.

6. excel25

excel25 LawnSite Senior Member

you will want to mow more so you can spend more time on your mower !!

7. syzer

syzer LawnSite Bronze Member

Huge difference in ride. We absolutely love them. Properties that used to beat our guts out are now bearable. Just watch for "ditches" in the lawn if you hit one even at moderate speed the front will dive and scalp.

8. gundogs

gundogs LawnSite Member

Thanks all!

I purchased the flex forks, installed them and gave them a try. After giving them a try by just mowing a little around the home, I still had some question as to whether they were a good investment. The next day after putting them to real use by mowing 5 acres, I definitely noticed a difference. More accurately, my back noticed the difference. I can honestly say they are worth the money and were a good investment both for comfort and for my health.

9. gps_jetskier

gps_jetskier LawnSite Senior Member

That's interesting. I have just the opposite story. In my case places that had ripples are now even since the deck doesn't bounce. Might be the shape and / or the repetitiveness of them. Conversely, places that I didn't scalp before now do sightly by loading one wheel only. You get use to where it's going to happen though and can avoid it.

gps_jetskier

10. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

Do the flex forks come in different sizes? I think they would be great on a castoring sulky.