1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Comments On Logo Please...

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Nonameyet, Nov 28, 2005.

1. Nonameyet

Nonameyet LawnSite Member

Hi everyone, this is my first post on here and I am starting business in the spring. Just wondered what everone thought of my logo and name - good and bad comments suggestions welcome!

Attached Files:

2. davidcalhoun

davidcalhoun LawnSite Bronze Member

"APPLEYARD" will get you in the "A"s in the yellow pages. Logo looks good.

Will you be doing mostly "Garden Maintenance"? If not, maybe "Professional Lawn Maintenance" or "Lawn and Landscape" would explain what you do in your name.
  3. Nonameyet

Nonameyet LawnSite Member

Thanks for your reply.
    In answer to your question I will be doing mainly garden maintenance, especially in the first year. I can do landscaping and Groundwork such as paving as well, but I wont be doing any lawn care or treatment. My plan is to build up a good customer base of maintenance work before advertising for any landscaping work, to keep my initial start up costs down.
  4. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

I like it, simple yet effective. And as an above poster said, it will get you at the beginning of the landscape section of your yellow pages.
  5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

The name's ok, but the logo is a bit bland. Just no "appeal" lol - no pun intended! Also, I would not do the "garden maintenance" thing. That seems like a narrow spectrum of impression - even though that's not all you do. That is selling yourself short.
  6. DLS1

DLS1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Agree with Runner. Logo picture is bland.

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

What does garden maintenance mean?-- it may be difference than here in the states. --Preston, Lanashire, England--

Can you add a little color? Red apples?
  8. garth1967

garth1967 LawnSite Senior Member

yeah to much white for background otherwise its good. sometimes to much fancey pants is to much try experimenting with colors

btw we will get those ashes back next summer MATEY
  9. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

<Table width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDF"><TR><TD><font color="#000000">Have a tax question? Need free business advice? Ask our CPA. Click Here </font></TD></TR></Table>

Hi Nonameyet,

If you need more logo design ideas, feel free to use any of ours.

<table width=100%>
    <tr bgcolor="#C0C0C0"><td align=left><a HREF="http://www.gophersoftware.com/?ref=1">Download and try Gopher Free for 30 days.</a><BR>See if we can help you.</td><TD align="center"></td><td>[​IMG]</td></tr></table>
    <center>Free Web Templates. Make your own logo Free.</center>