Comments on my accelerator

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by QualityLawnCare4u, Jul 27, 2004.

1. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

I purchased an accelerator XL about 3 weeks ago for my 737 JD, This is one of the easiest grass catchers Ive ever used or installed. Its so easy even a dunce like me can install and use it. I was using it today on a yard in a high end neighborhood and the guy next door watched me the whole time. His curiouisty finally got the best of him and he came over and asked me "what the h__l is that thing?" I told him it was a grss catcher and he commented he had never seen anything like that before. It done such a good job that he asked me to do his yard. So 40 minutes and 45 bucks later I was closer to paying for this expensive toy :) I did have to make a slight adjustment, the blades were a little to close to bottom plate and I had to grind just a fraction off off one small area. This thing is well worht the money, or so far it has been. The owner I talked with (Peter) was very patient about answering my questions and seemed like nice fellow. Just wanted to post my experience.

Danny

Quality Lawn Care

2. HayBay

HayBay LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

He is a nice guy, I don't own one of these products but I did look into it and I do know from reading on this site that everyone is very happy with thier purchase.

3. QualityLawnCare4u

Hay Bay, they do work good and Peter really seemed like he would care if you had a problem, not like my Honda dealer (buts thats for another descussion forum) Go ahead and get off your money and get you one LOL. Seriously, if you need a catcher these do a good job and are so easy to use.

Danny

4. HayBay

HayBay LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

Well I may do that next year, this year I am ok with a 21" rear bagger and the Peco Bagger (15 cubic foot) on the Cub Cadet. I usually just discharge with the walkbehind into the middle and then drive over with the Cub Cadet for leaves. OR use the 21" for (very)small stuff.

5. Goodguy001

Goodguy001 LawnSite Member

Does it hold up over time? I would be worried that alluminum wont last with all of the weight and rubbing the ground.

6. chevyman1

chevyman1 LawnSite Senior Member

I have one on my Ferris walk behind. He has angled them at a pitch so they never touch the ground, and the welds are REALLY overly strong. That thing will last forever

7. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Like chevy said there angled up.
    John

163-500.jpg

8. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Hay danny :waving: :waving: :waving:

John

9. QualityLawnCare4u

Hey John, how are you doing!

Danny

10. Goodguy001

Goodguy001 LawnSite Member

They look great but all of the photos Ive seen have been new ones. show a pic after 1 year.