Comments on my new website

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by wojo23323, Mar 2, 2003.

1. wojo23323

wojo23323 LawnSite Senior Member

I posted in the web forum. No replies yet. Please give comments on my website. I will be adding more pictures later.

www.southsidegrounds.com

Thanks,

John

2. ksland

ksland LawnSite Senior Member

Besides the very few pictures, its all 1 dimensional and Black and White. Kind of boring if you ask me.

3. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

Good star but could use some sprucing up. Add colors and definatly some pictures. Good description of your services!!!

4. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

Yes I agree with the colors. It needs to be more "lively". The template is fine I would just change to a more vibrant color. Vivid colors will ad to the site. :D

5. wojo23323

Thanks for the responses. About the colors, my truck is black, signs are black and white, trailer is black, business cards are white with black letters and Tee shirts will be light gray with black lettering. I was trying to stick with the same color theme. Maybe I could try a different backround color. Thanks again.:)

6. jkkalbers

jkkalbers LawnSite Member

keep it simple. If those are your colors, that is fime. If people are really researching your company, they will look for content and info about your company not what colors you are using. people understand we are not webmasters. as you go on, you will find more pictures to add and additional info.

the one thing I would change is put the about us button near the top, as that is what most people want to read about. also compact more information into one heading rather than a button for each topic. Like make a button for our services then list your mowing and mulch and irrigation or whatever. That's about all I have.

7. wojo23323

I did change a color on it. I think it looks better, my wife and family agree also. About the buttons, this is a free template from promagazine.com and thats how it is. I wanted to have a button for services and then list everything, but it didn't work that way. I can't complain, free templates and free hosting with e-mail. Thanks for the comments. I really appreciate them.

8. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

John,

Other than adding pictures, I think its a great description of the services you provide. I too will shortly be looking into Pro's offer of a webpage. Anyone interested in a LCO will find your site easy to understand & follow without feeling like they're getting a sales pitch. Very professional & conceise. I'm sure it'll serve you well & I wish you much luck w/ it.

Bob

9. ronslawncare

ronslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

definately add pictures of the services if you can because people like to look at what you are talking about or else there probally wont bother reading it..........

10. HarryD

HarryD LawnSite Bronze Member

I think you need a logo up at the top of your page. it does look pretty plain. but the rest looks great. did you make the pictures blurry or is that the way they came out.