Comments on Troybilt Roto-tillers

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Adam's Lawn and Garden, Aug 13, 2006.

1. Adam's Lawn and Garden

Adam's Lawn and Garden LawnSite Senior Member

Hey.

I was looking at Troybilt Roto-Tillers at lowes today. And i was wondering what you everyone thought about them. Anything would help.

Thanks,

Adam

2. Up North

Up North LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MN

From my experience that is the ONE thing that Troy-Bilt does well. In fact if I remember correctly that was the thing that made that company what it is today (or was before getting bought out). Their rear tine tillers are probably the best on the market today with Honda right on their heels. I sure miss my grandpa's old Troy-Bilt, that thing was a horse.

Buck

3. Fordsuvparts

Fordsuvparts LawnSite Senior Member

I have one of the larger ($699)rear tine tiller and have had a lot of problems with it. First off several of the tines broke the first month we had it and when we sent it back in to be serviced they wouldn't cover the broken tines. ($158 repair bill) I even work for lowes at the time and couldn't get anything done. We have had several broken tines since then so i just order them and put them on my self. The tiller has good power but it clogs up very easy and is hard to get thing untangles. We just bought a tiller for our New Holland tractor for the big jobs, we still use the troybilt for our garden and between the rows on our tree farm.

4. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

I'm sorry, but everything that is Golden before and is then bought out by MTD turns to pyrite. ManyTerribleDecisions will continue to buy out companies and sell their cheapened up production quality products to people that had the brand name BEFORE MTD and then dissapoint them.

5. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

If have no idea about the tiller now that Troy-Built is an MTD company. But pre-MTD Troy Built horse's with the kohler engine are great walk behind tiller's.

6. ozd12005

ozd12005 LawnSite Senior Member

very good tillers.... they take a beating and keep going

7. Adam's Lawn and Garden

Adam's Lawn and Garden LawnSite Senior Member

for those of you who don't like it, what do you recommend?

adam

8. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

I think my dad still has his old one for the garden. I think they are one of the best:cool2:

9. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

Listen, TroyBilt THEN, is not TroyBilt NOW. Please do not confuse and mislead people who are looking at purchasing a new one. Actually, if you can find one in the paper that is the old TroyBilt TroyBilt.. like maybe one with a blown engine that you can stick an engine on, you'd be better off than buying a NOW TroyBilt.

10. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

OK, now you listen to me. We run all cub cadet com mowers. Who do you think makes them:confused: Plus, who makes a lot of the parts in your mower:confused: