Comments on yards with fenced in back yards?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by billslawn89, May 21, 2008.

1. billslawn89

billslawn89 LawnSite Bronze Member

seems like i am getting alot of calls for a bid with fenced in back yards.. probably because nobody else wants to do them! I sorta hate them, especially the chain link fences, but i guess, a job is a job, or a pita job!

2. TNT LawnCare Inc.

TNT LawnCare Inc. LawnSite Bronze Member

60% of our clients have Gated back yards, thats what a 32 or 36 inch Stander is for :laugh: Take the work and charge accordingly for the extra trimming. If your in this business to pick all the gravey yards get out. Most of these are my best clients,complete lawn service.You name it they want it ! Just because they have a fence is no reson to refuse them..No pune intended

3. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

just charge more! simple as tht!

4. billslawn89

ya, thats what i tell them in the bid, since i have to use a smaller size mower, price will be alittle higher.. believe me, i grap these accounts up, because i think alot of guys don't want them.

5. jrush

jrush LawnSite Member

more time= more $ if they don't want to pay it, one less pita job!

6. TNT LawnCare Inc.

TNT LawnCare Inc. LawnSite Bronze Member

7. billslawn89

8. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

I have paid to have gates widened in the past so I can get my 52" Stander through.... big time saver.......

9. nosparkplugs

nosparkplugs LawnSite Gold Member

I am the company that jumps all over the fenced or gated yards. This is a investment property that I have. I sold my Scags 48" velocity decks; because I was leaving money on the table. I can jut clean house with the Walker GHS. My only regret was waiting 7 years to purchase a Walker, I listen to what others said negative it's all BS about the Walker. it's been a blessing since the purchase. I will never go back to mulching expect for wide area's. Our 36" Walkebehinds are in storage now their a waste of money nowadays, and the Walker is always on the trailer. Walker GHS=higher profits, and the customer will pay for the high price Walker GHS collection more so than when I was selling the Scag Mulching BS. I am making more money with the Walker

So for all You Walker haters/doubters "the proofs in the pudding" to justify the "expensive price".

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. freshprince94

freshprince94 LawnSite Bronze Member

Almost all my yards are gated. I use a 21 anyway until I have money for a 36 so it's not a problem.