1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Commercial 21" snapper

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Tom-N-Texas, Mar 26, 2005.

1. Tom-N-Texas

Tom-N-Texas LawnSite Senior Member

I've been using 21" toros for years. But the new model is very heavy and I just don't like it at all. Granted, we cut 40+ lawns a day with them but it's got some nagging issues: Height adjusters absolutely suck as usual. Back wheels quickly break/stop spinning due to too much weight. Terrible bagging machine. Hard to start in cold. $1100 retail....etc etc

Soooooo...I'm considering a commercial snapper. Anyone have any experience with using snappers for high volume use? They cost about $400 less I think....which would be a plus. But are they worth it? Thanks in advance! Tom
  2. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

Tom, You won't be disappointed with the Snappers. I used the earlier 2 cycle commercials, and they were built like tanks. The new ones offer more engine choices, and the deck design is bascially unchanged after all these years. If it ain't broke, don't fix it , I guess..lol...They are built really solidly, and like you said, are a few hundred less than the Toros. Personally, I think they leave a great cut and even better when bagging.