commercial 21 " toro anyone?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mkirby, Jan 28, 2005.

1. mkirby

mkirby LawnSite Member

We use JD85's they are overpriced 1600. canadian and they are in the shop for repairs every second day it seems and parts are real expensive.
    I am thinking of swithching fleet over to toro 21" commercial, does anyone have expierences with either line. Mainly I am wondering if the 2 cylcle engines are better then the gas kawasaki?

2. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

Yes the Suzuki 2Cycle is Better...But it's Been Discontinued...Thanks to the Enviro-Nuts.

I bought the Last 3 Remaining Suzukis in My Area last Season...I'll Be Polluting w/the King of 21"'s for a Few More Years.

RIP Suzuki.

3. Green lawns

Green lawns LawnSite Member

We have two 21" Toro Prolines with 6.5 Kawasaki engines. They are great mowers. You will not be disappointed! We bag everything and they leave a very nice cut. Both of our mowers have the BBC. The 2 cycle engine is discontinued. Go with the Kawasaki.

4. PMLAWN

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

see my answer in your stander thread.

5. mkirby

mkirby LawnSite Member

they don't show them didscontinued on the site - too bad i had 3 of them 8 years ago but they had crap for wheals and getting very old so I switched to john deer and last few years the engines on the jd seem to be lacking power - the grey tub one's from 5 years ago cut circles around the new one's so I am changing companys.
    Thanks PMLAWN

6. lawnguyland

lawnguyland LawnSite Bronze Member

I've run the toro 2 cycle sfor years-awesome mowers

I'll be buying new toro comm. 4 cycles so I can breathe some cleaner air. Ooohhhhh, I'll have to change the oil. BFD. :rolleyes:

Yeah Fareway Candadian, those crazy people that want a clean environment are really nuts. That's wacked. Hope you like all the pollution that blows up to canada from the US. Your welcome.

7. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

JD qiut making the JX85 commercial 21" nearly two years ago. Warranty claims on that model were killing all profits on it.

8. mkirby

mkirby LawnSite Member

I doubt that was the reaon - they make tons after warranty. My bills were 4k for last season!

9. LLandscaping

LLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

We have two Toro Proline 21's, one is a two-cycle 5.5 suzuki and the other is a 5.5 Kawasaki. Both of them have been good mowers the only thing we have done is regular maintenance and replaced the back tires on one. The suzuki is going on it's third season and the kawasaki is going on its fifth. I am glad they finally started putting the one gallon fuel tanks on the kawasaki's.

10. HazellLawnCare

HazellLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

I too ran into the same problem that you did with the John Deeres being discontinued. I purchased 5 Toros last spring and absolutely love them. I wish I would've switched earlier. The Toro mower is built so much better than the Deeres. The Toro is a little heavier but way better built.