Commercial 21" Toro

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by HazellLawnCare, Jun 29, 2004.

1. HazellLawnCare

HazellLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

I am looking at the commercial 21" Toro's and wondering if they are as good of baggers as the John Deere JX85's. My Toro dealers says he can take out some of the mulching stuff under the deck and they will bag alot better. I would really like to run Honda's but my closest dealer is an hour away. Are you all impressed with the Toro's?

2. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

I love mine.

Liked my 1 so much I bought another this year.

3. J-dub

J-dub LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

IMO,

Best
    21"
    Mower
    Ever

4. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

i like hondas, but ive never used a toro, snapper, or some other brands, sooooo i dont know.

i think you should look at this thread around 9pm tonight. once all the guys that cut 100+ lawns a week get home from their full time cutting. then they will guide you towards an AWSOME 21". i think right now, most of the people browsing the forum, are part time with cutting, or dont cut every day of the week, only a few. but im sure there are some hard core every day cutters on here browsing. im just saying, you should come back around 9pm once the guys who cut everyday get on, and tell you what they use day in day out (as their trim mower probably) and what will last the longest too!

5. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

It is heavy, but I love my Snapper comercial/ with 6hp Kawi. Bulletproof. And simple.

6. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

Bingo !!!!!!

7. soonernation

soonernation LawnSite Member
    from Okc OK

I have had nothing but trouble with the newer toro I bought earlier this year. The bag seems to get clogged at the first site of wet grass due to the tiny opening between the chute and the bag. I have adjusted the RPM's to get a little more vac and it still isn't impressing me. I have an older model 2- stroke LE deck which opens into the bag much like a honda and it packs grass into the bag so tight you can hardly dump the grass. Look around town and you'll see the majority of the pros use Toro. I love the kawasaki engine and the deck is among the best in the world, I just wish the chute opened into the whole bag, not a tiny opening. It may be this particular model I dont like. Good luck!!

8. HazellLawnCare

HazellLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

I appreciate the posts that have been left today about the Toro's. If I buy a 21" mower from a local dealer it will either be a JX75 for the Deere dealer or a Toro those are the only options in town. The only concern I have with the Toro is the bagging system the rest of the mower is built alot like a commercial Deere.

9. bing bing bingo again...mine baggs good ... i put a accelarator bag on it ...its expensive ...keep it clean that suc ker packs packing full.

10. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

The Proline's are only Great w/the Suzuki's....They're Fair to Middling W/the Kaw. or Honda....