1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Commercial account acquisition - contacting the "right" person...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by fiveoboy01, Oct 4, 2006.

1. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

There seems to be two possible ways to do this.

-Call and find out who the property manager is. Mail him/her an info packet. Then follow up with a call after a week.

-Walk in, try and contact the person directly, introduce yourself, shake their hand, and give them the info.

Have you guys found which way is more preferable and/or which way produces better results?
  2. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

I did this my first year trying to get the commercial business. I sent out my bids in the brightest fluorescent envelopes I could find. Then I'd call a couple of days later and asked if they received my bid telling them about the envelope and they would remember it and would put me through to the right person.
  3. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

I had nice brochures made explaining my company and the benefits of using my service and I'm having them sent to bussinesses. I'm only looking to add a few large accounts. This year commercial properties just contacted me so it was easy.