Commercial account

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Husky, Jul 6, 2004.

1. Husky

Husky LawnSite Member

When you guys bid a commecial grounds? How do you figure how much it will be for cut?

Like here i usually figure 30 times a year and multiply it by the cost per and bingo u goth te yearly total?

But what if other comopanies don't do it this way,,what if they take off 2 to 4 cuts because they skip in the summer when its hot,,,or,,,well,,how do you guys do it?? whats some good advice?

2. Husky

Husky LawnSite Member

any takers on this matter

3. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

my bid broke everythign down price wise.....how much per cut, how much per weeding, how much each time the parking lot was cleaned. then it was broken down by the number of times the service was performed. mowing - once a week. parking lot cleaned - every other week...etc.

at the bottom of the bid there is a section that says "this is only an estimate. some mowings may be skipped due to weather condietions. if this happens, you will not be charged....etc etc

some people will charge no matter what due to their contract. i on the other hand use a service agreement. just letting you know how i do it. hope it gives you a few ideas

4. draftlawncare

draftlawncare LawnSite Member

our comm accounts and res account are signed up for a 26 week mowing season> We take the total for 1 cut x 26 and thats the total of the contract and yes we charge even in drought conditions if the summer is really dry we might do light shrub trimming, pull weeds, etc, so the client feels they are getting something for their money .

5. LynyrdSkynyrd

LynyrdSkynyrd LawnSite Member

My commerical cutting is placed on such properties as Coal mines, Rail road property, and such which is bid on a different scale.

Depending on the type of equipment that will be used to fullfill the job. Say I would only need the ZTR and a trimmer to do a job.

$25.00 per hour for a 60" ZTR mower.

$15.00 per hour for the operater of the ZTR.

$18.00 per hour for a weed eater or trimmer.

$15.00 for a labour (operates the trimmer).

I have equipment that I charge for as low as $10.00 an hour and up to $100.00 per hour. What ever is needed to get the job done It can be delivered on time and priced to produce.

6. Husky

Husky LawnSite Member

these are helpful ideas,,but do u guys ever figure,,,hmm,,,well,,,the season is say 30 weeks long,,,ill only have to actually cut like 28 times,,so 28 times per visit mowing charge and give it like that,,or just place a bid for 30 cuts..??