1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

commercial Accounts

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by turfman33, May 18, 2005.

1. turfman33

turfman33 LawnSite Member

OK I don't know if I'm in the right area but here goes. Is there a site down here in Florida where you can find out what commercial sites are bidding for. While out working I see a lot of smaller guys like me cutting on commercial account's and wonder where they find their information to bid on the site they are on. Lawn guy and Landscapers in the Florida area we be the best help please. These guys have to get the information from somewhere. I have done searches on the web many time's but can't get a lead in the right direction. I could really do with the help. Also, in estimating these commercial account's what's the best way to do an accurate estimate. You don't want to go crazy with the price but you also don't want to not make enough.

Thanks guys it really appreciated

2. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

Contact their office and ask to speak with the property manager, some of them have management companies, then go from ther, meet with em, submit the bid, and sweeten em up however you can.
  3. LightningLawns

LightningLawns LawnSite Senior Member

alot of commercial props are only looking for the lowest possible bid, they may be real cheap.
  4. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

Yellow page ad. Look at the companies that are doing the commercial stuff, and then go home and look in the yellow pages. Im sure you will see a connection.