commercial accounts

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by stevenf, Oct 8, 2007.

1. stevenf

stevenf LawnSite Bronze Member

I know lots of poeple on here say it takes a long time, get noticed, and so on. But, the other day I saw these two guys cutting a shell gas station with a single sears push mower, a toro trimmer, and then blew the clippings with a ryobi backpack blower. all of which he kept in the back of his beat up chevy.

I saw them again cutting another shell gas station on the complete opposite side of town. How does somone like this get a job like that?!?!?!?!!?
    There has to be someway for this guy to get noticed. I know for a fact if I had my equipment and nice clothes standing next to these guys, I would get the job over him.
    ????

2. corey4671

corey4671 LawnSite Silver Member

well perhaps I can shed some light on this subject. Years ago, I had a Shell market here in town. Owner had several other stores in surrounding communities. He decided he would be better off to buy cheap home owner equipment and pay some jackleg $8.50/hr to keep it mowed. Of course, he got what he paid for too. Sounds like you may have the same thing here. Gasoline distributor around here owns several quik marts and they do the same thing. Have some moron on the payroll with company owned kmart blue light special equipment. He doesn't care how long it takes him...he's on the clock!

3. stevenf

stevenf LawnSite Bronze Member

makes perfect sence....

4. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

are the owners aribic, they will higher unlicensed lowballers, they have no business insurance themselves most likely, so they dont care...