Commercial accounts?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by millenium_123, Feb 21, 2008.

1. millenium_123

millenium_123 LawnSite Member

I have been doing this for quite a few years, but I would like to get more commercial business. That is where the big bucks are. Any idea how to get more business like this? I advertise, but never do get calls from businesses, just homeowners. I am advertising now that I am insured, and do residential and commercial so I'm hoping that will help.
  2. richard1103

richard1103 LawnSite Member

a lot of home owners will stay with you if you do good work .commerical can be more cut throat
  3. GreenSouth Landscapes

GreenSouth Landscapes LawnSite Member

I wouldn't necessarily say that commercial is "big bucks". Now having said that, what commercial accounts do provide to you are a constant cash flow every month. Apartment complexes do this very well. And yes commercial is very cut throat but if you are always in contact with the managers or owners of the company, they will be less likely to source out another company. All of my commercial companies are happy and always turn down offers for bids. I'll tell you why this is. I'm the owner of my company but yet i'm the one they see out there working on their property. I always, always make a point to check in with the client while i'm on the property, if they aren't there i always step in some time during the week to make sure everything is the way they like it. If its not, we fix it. That's why I have a great commercial clientel.
  4. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Very well stated....
  5. millenium_123

millenium_123 LawnSite Member

Thanks for the input, I totally agree. I always make sure my customers are satisfied.