Commercial Accounts

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by mattslawns, May 14, 2012.

1. wbw

wbw LawnSite Fanatic

Your customers should never know your hourly rates.

2. mattslawns

mattslawns LawnSite Member

And why is that? If they ask me how much for an hourly job, what would I say? I believe that its the customers right to know how much I am going to charge them. I hate hidden fees.

3. Puddle of Oil

Puddle of Oil LawnSite Bronze Member

Your only bringing in 18-19k a year after expenses, right? You can't live off that. If you're having a tough time getting a price then maybe you should refocus your target market.

4. mattslawns

Fiscal year 2011 I brought in a net $80,000. I take care of a lot of HOA's etc. I dont usually bid out price by the hour unless it's a clean up etc. But $27 is getting too cheap to charge. what does everyone else charge per hour?

5. jrs.landscaping

jrs.landscaping LawnSite Silver Member
    from Maine

A net of 80k, you are a solo operator and you charge 27 PMH? I think I just broke my calculator trying to figure that one out.

6. Puddle of Oil

Puddle of Oil LawnSite Bronze Member

I was waiting for someone else to post. I'm a bit confused as well.

7. mattslawns

haha i hardly charge anything by the hour, but when I do, thats what I charge. and WHEN NEEDED I have about three people that help out, but thats maybe once or twice a week. But Im not looking for opinions on my status, im curios on what everyone is charging for man hours, etc.

Thanks!

8. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

2080 X 27 = 56K

Then you pay for truck, equipment and gas, repairs, insurance...... and some time billing and maintenance of equipment. Living the high life. :drinkup: